Tips for a Better and Safer Move
Here are our tips for a better and safer move. You can download our tips at the bottom of the page.
TIPS FOR A BETTER AND SAFER MOVE
The Guidelines below are aimed at customers choosing the our self pack option. Packing Materials (where applicable) can either be purchased from our office or delivered directly to your door (mainland addresses) as a "Homepack"; the cost of this service will be added to your bill. Should you need further advice, please contact our office on 01471 822777. In order to make your removal as stress-free and safe as possible, please follow the instructions below:
- Ensure these are sound and in strong condition
- Pack larger and heavier items in the bottom of the box first then fill with smaller and lighter items for the top half.
- Make sure that enough packing material is put between each item to prevent movement and possible damage. Pack plates, saucers and dishes on their edge as it is the strongest part. Pack cups, mugs & glasses on their sides.
- All pictures and mirrors must be bubblewrapped
- Stand them on their edge and keep the tallest ones to the side of the box, smallest in the middle
- Must be packed into smaller book boxes as they are very heavy
- Should be packed on their edge with spines facing upwards to a maximum of 2 layers deep or 12 inches depending on size
- Black poly bags may be used for bedding, clothing etc but please ensure that they are of good thick quality (ordinary bin bags can be used doubled-up).
- We can supply portable wardrobe cartons on the day of removal for hanging adult clothing.
BEDS/FLAT PACK FURNITURE
- These items should be dismantled prior to removal. They travel much better in transit this way. Remember to keep all screw, bolts together in a safe but handy place.
- Dismantle and disconnect items for transit, e.g. TV, DVD, computers, washing machine, cooker etc.
- Where possible, all electrical equipment, e.g. TV, DVD, must be boxed.
- All table lamps must be boxed. Shades removed and boxed.
- All garden tools must be cleaned and taped together in bundles of 4 or 5. Drain all garden hoses.
- Garage items (i.e. small tools etc) should be boxed and lidded
- REMINDER - Pot plants are carried at your own risk, - they tend to break/crack in transit.
- REMEMBER - no liquids (flammable or otherwise), gas bottles (empty or full), paints or wet batteries can be carried.
- Please sort, clear and bring down to next level, i.e. Landing area.
Finally remember: Do not Overfill Boxes. All boxes must be lidded, flat on all sides with no objects protruding and taped securely